What Are Typical Water Mitigation Options for Malden Homes?
Halting the progression of water damage in Malden residences is the first step SERVPRO takes after a safety assessment
Modern appliances make life easier until a malfunction requires water mitigation in a Malden kitchen or utility room. A ruptured dishwasher hose or laundry supply line spreads water across floors. It can result in ceiling leaks or even basement flooding if the breakage occurs when the homeowner is away for a workday or long weekend.
How Does SERVPRO Rank Interventions When Responding with Emergency Services?
Water damage repairs in Malden require a foundation of rapid water mitigation. SERVPRO crews must stop the water from affecting additional building materials first, focusing on mitigation tactics including:
- Turning off water mains or valves closer to the affected burst pipes
- Placing pumps in confined areas if water levels are higher than two inches
- Using truck-mounted or portable extractors as indicated to accelerate water removal services
- Concentrating initial efforts on water extraction as it is 1200 times more effective than dehumidification
- Leveraging advanced water mitigation and extraction techniques such as negative pressure systems using floor mats or baseboard hose placement (Injectidry-type system) to suction trapped water
Why Does SERVPRO Recommend Controlled Demolition as a Water Mitigation Strategy?
As you survey the water chaos of your Malden house after a plumbing or appliance leak, SERVPRO’s suggestion for cutting away building materials or disassembling cabinets can seem overwhelming. Mitigation of water incursions must be swift and comprehensive. Allowing even a bit of moisture to linger invites crumbling walls, collapsed ceilings, and dreaded mold growth when moist conditions exceed 24 to 48 hours. Most structural components endure careful demolition and subsequent water damage repairs well. The rebuilding skills of our crews make it “Like it never even happened,” after:
- Removal of kick plates and backs on kitchen or laundry room cabinets to release trapped water and improve airflow
- Removal of ceiling tiles or punching of weep holes to effect ceiling repairs from water damage
- Sawing of flood cuts or drainage holes to allow access to pooled water and permit air movers and dehumidifiers to dry space efficiently
Place your confidence in SERVPRO of Malden / Melrose to follow water mitigation best practices after ruptured hoses or pipes flood areas of your home. Contact us 24/7 (781) 665-6396 for a prompt assessment and expert water clean up.