Recent Why SERVPRO Posts
SERVPRO Can Conduct Ceiling Repairs from Water Damages in Malden
Frozen pipes will cause havoc in your home. SERVPRO IICRC certified technicians are ready at a moment's notice to handle all the work.
A Pipe Break Caused Water Damage in Your Maiden Residence.
It doesn't happen nearly as often in the summertime as it does in the cooler months, but it is possible that waterpipes inside your house could break one day. Although freezing is the number one way pipes break, they can also burst if they get clogged with something. Having old pipes inside your home could also be the cause of lines bursting. In some areas, tree roots can grow into water pipes and cause them to break.
Whenever our SERVPRO technicians conduct water damage repair in Malden, we find the source of the leak before we do water damage remediation procedures. After we know where the pipe broke, we then shut off the water until a plumber can come in and seal the broken water line. If you live in a two-story house, it most likely has water pipes that run between the two floors; it is possible that water can leak from the ceiling in the lower level causing extensive damage.
If you ever have water leaking from your ceiling due to burst pipes, our SERVPRO technicians can conduct the following procedures:
- Water Clean Up
- Water Damage Restoration
- Ceiling Repairs from Water Damages
- Cleaning Up After a Sewer Backup
- Water Removal Services
Calling SERVPRO can prove to be a wise choice because the following aspects set us above other restoration companies:
If a pipe in an upper level of your home burst, it is a wise idea to call SERVPRO of Malden / Melrose at (781) 665-6396.
Why Melrose Residents Should Call for Professional Water Extraction
Do not hesitate when it comes to a water damage on your property, call SERVPRO of Malden/Melrose immediately for assistance.
SERVPRO is Different from Other Melrose Restoration Companies – Trust Us for Prompt, Reliable Water Extraction, and Restoration!
Nobody wants to have a water disaster in their Melrose home or rental property. However, there are times when burst pipes or a faulty appliance leave you needing water removal services, and fast! SERVPRO is available 24/7, and We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster. This means we deploy a crew to arrive at your door within hours of your initial call.
But why call SERVPRO when you need water extraction in Melrose? There are many reasons! We work diligently, saving you money on your overall restoration process, always restoring where we can and replacing materials only as needed. Everything gets done according to our proven processes to ensure your current water-damaged interior gets restored "Like it never even happened."
- All of our water restoration technicians (WRT) go through training with the IICRC
- We have support from other franchises, allowing us to ensure your project goes off without a hitch
- Our Green Fleet is fully supplied with the tools, equipment, and products necessary to achieve our extraction and drying goals.
Do You Need Help with Storm Flooding or Cleaning Up After a Sewer Backup?
During contaminated water or sewage cleanup events, SERVPRO technicians wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) work fast to handle extractions carefully. We often get calls for:
- Storm sewer backups
- Blockages or failing lateral sewer piping
- Foundation drainage issues
- Groundwater flooding after a storm
Regardless of the nature of the standing water in your home, we have processes in place to deal with it safely and efficiently. Call SERVPRO of Malden/Melrose when you need us to handle your water extraction needs. You can reach us at (781) 665-6396.
Are There Different Types of Smoke Damage Affecting Melrose Homes?
Call SERVPRO of Malden / Melrose when you have a fire damage. No matter how big or how small, we know what your home needs.
Our experienced professionals can identify the best cleaning practice after fires in Melrose properties.
Fire and smoke damage are challenging obstacles for responding technicians. Because there are varying types of fires, the residues and soils left behind require unique cleaning approaches tailored to the property's condition.
What Types of Smoke Damage Can Impact Melrose Homes?
Fire cleanup in Melrose homes can change based on multiple types of smoke damage, including:
- Dry Smoke – High-heat fires can destroy many building materials in their path, leaving thin, chalky smoke residues on surfaces. Wipe cleaning can often resolve these soils.
- Wet Smoke – Smoldering, lower-heat fires can deposit thicker residues and particles on surfaces that are a formidable presence to remove. The threat of smearing and staining is high, requiring advanced cleaning practices like soda blasting and emulsification.
- Protein Residues – Kitchen flare-ups can often leave protein residues from food on surfaces like cabinets and countertops. These soils are characterized by their harsh odors and difficulty to clean.
Our SERVPRO of Malden / Melrose fire restoration team is ready to help 24/7 at (781) 665-6396.
When are Mold Specialists Necessary for a Malden Home?
Even if you are not sure, call SERVPRO we are ready to help. Mold can hide in places you are unaware of.
The First Signs of Microbial Growth Require a Mold Inspection. SERVPRO of Malden Can Help
Tell-tale signs of mold growth could be a musty odor in some home regions, visible mold colonies, or noticeable dampness in the air. Mold is typically challenging to remediate due to the average size of microorganisms. Mold spores are as small as 4 microns. For reference, a human hair is around 75 microns.
Dealing with mold damage in your Malden home requires attention to small details. Mold can cause harmful effects: SERVPRO technicians take extra precautions to prevent the spread of mold and to remediate the property comprehensively at the first signs of mold growth.
- Desiccant dehumidifiers can help to reduce the relative humidity to below 60%, which can prevent mold growth.
- SERVPRO technicians wear n-95 grade respirators when performing mold disturbance or remediation.
- Using effective containment and staging areas is essential to controlling mold growth.
If you suspect mold in your home. Contact SERVPRO of Malden / Melrose for mold damage remediation at (781) 665-6396.
Water Damage Remediation in Malden Should be Entrusted to a Certified Team
Why SERVPRO for water damage restoration in Malden? Our qualifications and our advanced equipment like this thermal imagery camera
SERVPRO Technicians in Malden Are Water Damage Certified by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC)
After a Malden home floods with water, it may be tempting to rent equipment at a local hardware store and attempt to restore the place with no professional assistance. Even though quick water extraction may be helpful, it only addresses one aspect of the problem, and significant risks may linger. SERVPRO can provide a full assessment of your vulnerabilities along with a plan to mitigate them.
Water damage restoration in Malden is unique to each of our clients, and at SERVPRO, we know that a one-size-fits-all approach is insufficient. Our comprehensive view of your home makes us uniquely qualified to handle water damage repairs and cleaning up after a sewer backup, appliance malfunction, or storm event. In the course of our work,
you should expect us to address the following-
- Standing water within wall cavities and under cabinets, which we detect with state-of-the-art technology such as infrared moisture detectors, which point us to possible water deposits hiding from the naked eye.
- Compromised flooring materials including hardwood, tile, carpet, and laminate. Whether your problem is buckling, delaminating, or a saturated carpet pad, our staff evaluates the water damage and takes action for its restoration or removal if needed.
- Personal belongings are soaking wet. Depending on the type of water (clean vs. black or gray water) and the nature of the surface (porous vs. non-porous), we handle water extraction and drying with various techniques. Pumps, air circulators, wet-dry vacuums, and dehumidifiers all aid in this part of the job.
SERVPRO of Malden/Melrose is available by calling (781) 665-6396 as soon as the emergency happens. Water damage restoration is one of those instances in which a professional team makes a significant difference. Do not hesitate to protect your home by calling the best in the industry.
What Considerations Are Necessary When Seeking Storm Damage Services In Malden?
SERVPRO of Malden / Melrose knows exactly what to look for after you experience water damage. Let us help, give us a call today.
SERVPRO Offers More than Just Water Removal Services in Affected Malden Properties
Storms can damage homes in many ways, including tearing off roof materials, shattering windows, and flooding various sections. In most cases, you need assistance to restore your property to its preloss state. However, you have to ensure you have the right support to get the results you expect.
Since the storm damage affecting your Malden property is likely to be widespread, you need assistance from a service provider that can handle any unusual aspects of flood restoration. SERVPRO helps secure properties by boarding up any openings securing them against vandals or small animals. We also disinfect surfaces and materials affected by floodwaters using EPA-registered, broad-spectrum disinfectants.
Since water exposure causes deterioration of various materials, including wooden frames, drywall panels, and insulation, our SERVPRO technicians perform controlled demolition to remove dilapidated materials or create access points for other procedures. With assistance from SERVPRO, you do not have to worry about finding:
- Rodent clean up services
- Disinfecting companies
- Sewage cleanup
When SERVPRO of Malden / Melrose handles storm damage at your property, you can be assured of restoration to the preloss state. Call us at (781) 665-6396 for immediate assistance.
Why Your Malden Property Needs Skilled Mold Remediation
Problem with Malden attic or basement mold? No Problem--call the Pros--SERVPRO!
Let SERVPRO handle Malden attic mold removal and remediation for peace of mind
Because no two properties are exactly alike, each project SERVPRO gets called for a mold inspection or removal is different. Whether you require basement mold remediation or bathroom mold removal, we have a skilled crew ready to get to work, including black mold damage repairs and total sanitization.
But why SERVPRO for mold remediation in Malden? We offer industry quality and service like no other company, including these proven steps to bring you results:
- Rapid Response – We are available 24/7 for emergency response.
- Inspection and Assessment – We locate the areas of suspected mold development and put together a plan of action.
- Mold Containment – This gets done to keep mold spores from moving throughout the property, which includes shutting off heating, cooling, and fan systems.
- Air Filtration – Our powerful vacuums and HEPA filtration scrubs the air to remove most airborne spores.
- Mold Removal (including infested building materials) – We leave no stone unturned, including insulation, drywall, wall-coverings, carpeting, and more.
- Cleaning of all Contents and Personal Belongings – Our cleaning and restoration include wet and dry techniques using abrasion, immersion, or foams to clean clothing, furnishings, and personal belongings.
- Full Restoration to Pre-Mold Condition – When we get done with mold remediation, your home will be fully Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned!
Mold remediation carried out by SERVPRO of Malden/Melrose ensures you get results fast. Call us at (781) 665-6396 when you need us!